Re: Computers and Global responsibility - was RE: Snap, Crackle, Pop - VST Effect & Sound Card Problems

Kris wrote:
> This is
> the most frustrating thing about software and computer systems.
>Applications
> will often work great by themselves, but they don't always play nice with
> others, which is why my complex system crumbled when I decided to try a
> different sound card.

If I had to guess, I would say that your main problem is with the software
driver for the soundcard.  Computer hardware manufacturers usually write
crummy software.  Why?  Because they don't think it's valuable so they
under-budget for it.  I think that computer hardware manufacturers of sound
cards and such should open source the drivers for their software.  That way
the computer community can fix muckups.  I don't think they should open
source
all the software, mind.  There's a lot of software on those chips and it's
valuable intellectual property.  Just the drivers.  My two cents.

Cheers,
Kevin