Snap, Crackle, Pop - VST Effect & Sound Card Problems

It's these sort of problems, despite my love of new laptop technology,
that
make me want to sell all my computers, audio programs, and find a new day
job like planting trees in the mountains.

As you know, I got everything setup nicely on my ThinkPad T60. I had all
my
cool VST plugins, including newly purchased Cycling 74 Hipno, with Mobius,
and all running in the Chainer VST host. It was a beautiful thing.  Oh,
was
it nice...

...but, as with a lot of you, I like to tinker. After our thread last week
on the fact that Indigo IO only has line level input, whereas the Creative
Labs Audigy 2 has line and mic, I thought I might try installing the
Audigy
2 on my new notebook. So, I uninstalled the IO and installed the Audigy.
Long story short, something wasn't working right, so I uninstalled Audigy
and re-installed IO.  But I wasn't in Kansas any longer. Now, when I run
my
VST host, Chainer or EnergyXT, I am getting some snapping and popping when
activate many of my VSTs, especially the Hipno plugins. I tried all sorts
of
things to resolve the problem....changing my buffer settings, frequency
response, etc....no change.  This has me baffled. IO was working
perfectly,
but it seems Audigy has hosed something up.

Any thoughts on what may have happened. I was thinking of calling tech
support, but I'm not sure who to call, as the source of the problem is not
clear to me.

Jeff.....I'm really wanting to try Max now. I may load the demo up today
and
see if I have the same problem.

Kris

Krispen Hartung / Improvisational Guitar
www.krispenhartung.com / www.myspace.com/krispenhartung
info@krispenhartung.com / 1.208.724.5603
Discography - http://www.krispenhartung.com/catalogue.htm
Looper's Delight Playlist -