Re: OS? Home, Media or Pro? (was Re: Mobius on an Intel Mac (andmore questions))

 From what I've learned, the big difference between Pro and Home is in
the networking facilities.  Almost every single resource I've found says
that for a system specifically tasked to music, Home is more then
sufficient.  And, I have yet to talk with anyone in the tech side of the
computer business who likes Media.  Waaaaay too unstable.

Still working on this myself.  I'm about to make a decision on a laptop,
already decided on software.  I'm leaning toward an Alienware Area 51
m5500 Pent M 2.0g / 2g DDR2 / 100g HD at 7200rpm.

I'm definitely going for Ableton Live 5 and Steinberg's Studio Case II
package.  I'll stick with the Indigo i/o initially, then upgrade to an
E-mu 1616m.

I fought with the Mac/PC question for a long time and am still a bit
torn.  But, the info from Ableton's speed test last year (thanks, Per)
tipped the scales.

dm

--

www.myspace.com/precentor