Re: OT: Morphine and two saxes?

On 12 maj 2006, at 23.03, loop.pool wrote:

> Andy asked if it was two saxes played by one guy and in the three
> shows I saw them play  early and mid career it was only one bari..

I once played baritone in a soul band that also had a second baritone
sax player. Those Wilson Picket riffs came out very heavy as we
always played in unisone with a third guy on trumpet doubling one or
two octaves up. Bari is a cool instrument but way too heavy to carry
hanging from your neck. I sold it very long ago but it stills comes
back in my dreams, now looking like a four meter long vacuum cleaner
that I blow into to make huge snarling sounds ;-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)