From: Dan Montgomery [mailto:dmont@knology.net]
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2006 11:22 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Indigo i/o

"I've just acquired an Indigo i/o.  Output is strong and clear.  Input
is very weak (< -12dB with source wide open) , but what I can hear is
clear.  I've tried several sources, mic and line values.  I've checked
the console (all at max.), the system audio settings (in and out to
Indigo i/o) and drivers.

Initial install was with provided drivers.  When the problem occurred, I

checked the Echo Audio site, downloaded and installed version 6.11.
Still very low input.  I noticed that both driver sets still showed as
installed, so I directly uninstalled the earlier version, with no
difference.  Then, I uninstalled all Indigo drivers, re-downloaded them
from echoaudio.com, reset the computer and reinstalled.  This changed
nothing."

I contacted Echo with this message and Marcel wrote back:
    "- Right, your Indigo IO input is line level. You need a micpreamp
or small mixer...."

I could've sworn  I heard a "..., ya' dope!" added when I first read it,

but that prob. just me. ;-)

All of the work so far has been via line sources and/or mixers with
proper gain structure set.  If I push everything in the mixer 10-15dB
above unity, I can get a reasonable signal, but that really seems like
pushing it.  No other system I've connected to has required that kind of

mixer amplification for level input and I don't like using a mixer as an

amp anyway.

The question is for those who have used the Echo Indigo's.  I'm trying
to determine if I have a defective card.

Do you have to push your inputs like this?

--
Dan Montgomery

--

www.myspace.com/precentor