re:bass tunings

Charlie or Rainer wrote:
"> > I'd like to hear some songs where you use that tuning...that
> > is really low! "

I have an old hollow body Gretsch bass from the sixties that will
allow me  tune the lowest string to an A below the typical E

I then tune the second string to the octave A
and play pinky slide on it as I drone with the super deep note
(I guess that's not so low for a five string but I've only found
this one bass that will allow me to play that low and still
maintain the tuning).

It's so primal.........I don't even use the other strings with this tuning.
I do admit, also that I was highly influenced by the leader of Morphine
who played two string slide bass with that amazing band.

If you don't know them,  buy there first CD  (he, unfortunately died very
early of complications from drug use).

The band is scored for two string slide bass, baritone saxaphone and drums
(my really good friend , the fabulous Boston area drummer who also plays
with the Either/Orchestra, Jerome Deupree is the drummer on that original
fantastic
record).

Mark, the singer,  also sings in a very low voice and there material is
soooooooo down
and dirty and so fucking funky.  Check it out if you don't know it.