Re: MIDI sync survey: is it important to you?

> So, is MIDI sync important to you?

     Currently, no

> Would it influence you to purchase your next looper?

     Currently, no

> Are you interested in jamming with other loopers and  keeping both
>loopers in sync?

     Currently, no.

     What I don't get (my naivite is showing here) is why MIDI sync is
valuable.  I should state
here that I don't ever play with drum machines or prerecorded beats or
even sequencers.  I do live
improv stuff.  Also, like Rick Walker, I have the entire line of Electrix
boxes and I use them all
the time.  How would MIDI sync be useful to me in having these boxes
MIDI-interact with each
other?  I guess I know that I can have MIDI sync delays running at
different timings yet still
synced up.  That effect has yet to do much for me except as an
intellectual curiousity.  Same
thing goes for MIDI syncing my Repeater up to incoming signals.
Musically, I'm much more drawn to
things that are NOT synced up.  One of the things that interests me about
the Looperlative is that
you can have 8 non-synced loops going at once, and the interaction between
them will never sound
the same way twice.  Even with two non-synced loops.

     So this is kinda like that mailing-list vs. message board debate that
seemed to go nowhere
last month.  Before debating the "this is better than that", how about a
thorough discussion of
what MIDI sync can offer.  Even the most MIDI seasoned among us might
learn a thang or two...

     So is MIDI sync important to me?  Not at all... at this time.  I
don't have a clue what I
would do with it.  Perhaps I'm just not seeing the potential?  Enlighten
me please.  How many
different ways do YOU find MIDI sync useful?

     Respectfully,

               Stephen