Re: 4/5 string bass

with my 6'er i didn't have to change the nut, but don't remember if i
needed to reset the trussrod...i actually got it from a local friend
(who is also on LD) and he said he didn't get a new nut (and i agree'd
it didn't need it) but i don't recall what he said about the
trussrod...either way, its not hard to do yourself, all you need is an
allen wrench and the self-confidence to believe that you won't snap
the neck! :)
anyways no more than a quarter turn per day is what i was told was the
rule of thumb, and it worked well for me :)

thoeretically this whole project should only cost you the price of a
new string (and an allen wrench if you don't have one)

Charlie