Re: Ditching lopperlative version 2

jayrope wrote:

>     still I believe, that the looperlative will be a very cool machine –
>     in the end –

I think most sane people on this list would agree with this statement...
but I totally understand the frustration that Mark was feeling. (I had
similar feelings when I opted for the Repeater... I imagined it to work
one way, yet it worked the opposite. Whereas the Repeater is ideal for
some styles of looping, it totally worked against mine.)

Marks rant was purely just that, a rant. He needed to air it somewhere,
and what better place than LD? :) I did the same with my Repeater rants
back in the day.... He needed the LP1 to do what he wanted do. It
couldnt do it. Mark had every right to vent his frustrations.

The LP1 is in a very early version of the OS. It already has many users
salivating from various orifices, yet the OS can only get better. Just
look at the progression from Loop1 to LoopIV, or the progression of
Mobius and SooperLooper. It can only get better.

The developer seems to listen to people, and from what I have
experienced and heard, he is a jolly nice guy to boot! Considering Bob
is a one-man band (no pun intended), I am totally amazed that he has
managed to get the unit into production. As the early adopter units sell
(and I believe are selling well), he can reinvest the money back into
the company... hire developers... hire other staff... be able to work on
it himself full time.

It can only get better. The LP1 has the potential to be the ultimate
hardware looper for most people. It just needs time to mature.

I for one will be watching its progress with great interest.

Good luck Bob!

- Stuart Wyatt  http://swyatt.com