Re: 4/5 string bass

at this point you no longer look for an "F" strings, as much as you
just start asking the guitar store emplyee for a .017 guage
string...TI Strings makes single strings up to around there, and i
used to get mine at juststrings.com, but i don't believe i can find
them there any more...what you probably can do though is maybe drop a
line to juststrings or TI themselves and see if they can scare up a
.017 gauge string (btw, it is a bass string)...i believe conklin makes
his own strings, and he might be able to help too :)
alterations? i didn't have to change up my brice 6'er, and brice is a
cheaper 6 string bass, so i doubt any alterations are in order...

Good Luck

Charlie