Re: [OT] receptor (was Re: Macbook Pro users?)

At 10:50 AM -0500 5/6/06, Jeffrey Larson wrote:
>  > On May 6, 2006, at 9:20 AM, mech wrote:
>
>>  But now that I think about it: has anybody ever tried running Mobius
>>  on one of these things?!?
>
>Mobius will not run on the Receptor.  The receptor OS is Linux, it
>can only run "pure" VSTs that make no assumptions about the OS.  For
>several reasons Mobius has to access some Windows services directly
>which means that even though it is a VST, it can only run on Windows.

Ah drat!  Well, that was a good idea for about 15 minutes...  ;)

>I'm planning to buy an Intel Mac in the next few months and will do what I
>can to make Mobius run on it.  But I can't say for certain it will
>work right now.

Jeff, is your aim with this to possibly work out a port to OSX
overall, or a port that would only run directly under bootcamp.  Just
curious whether there's a possibility for Mobius to work on legacy
Macs.

Tanx!

        --m.

--