RE: Jamman Help!!!

Bob has replacements for the wallwarts on his website. It’s at www.jamman.org.

From: goddard.duncan@mtvne.com [mailto:goddard.duncan@mtvne.com]
Sent: Friday, May 05, 2006 6:17 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: RE: Jamman Help!!!

 >> My wonderful Jamman has gone dark. I can find no support anywhere for repair..called Lexicon and they laughed at me.....does anyone know where repairs can happen? <<

mike- your best bet is to try to find a decent local tech & put him in touch with bob sellon somehow. I'd be inclined to suggest that if it's not lighting up at all, ever, then the problem will be with this (internal) power supply mechanism we've just been speculating about....

but can you get a voltmeter onto the external psu & see if it's still kicking out the 9V ac? sometimes these wallwarts fail where the thin wire goes into the transformer or the connector..... otherwise, it may be this voltage doubler or the main 5V regulator.

if you've got a line6 power supply anywhere close (maybe someone you know?) then try that on the jamman- they also run 9V ac. I have used them many times in the past on our two jammans.

I aim to have mine in bits soon to dig a little deeper into replacing the wallwart, but this won't happen for a couple of weeks.

good luck!

duncan.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user
of the e-mail address to which it was addressed, and may also
be privileged. If you are not the addressee of this e-mail you may
not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it
in any form whatsoever.If you have received this e-mail in error,
please e-mail the sender by replying to this message.

It is your responsibility to carry out appropriate virus and other
checks to ensure that this message and any attachments do not
affect your systems / data. Any views or opinions expressed in this
e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of MTV Networks Europe unless specifically stated,
nor does this message form any part of any contract unless so stated.

MTV reserves the right to monitor e-mail communications from
external/internal sources for the purposes of ensuring correct
and appropriate use of MTV communication equipment.

MTV Networks Europe