Two laptops (Re: Did a quick Mobius gig today :-)

On 5 maj 2006, at 16.51, Krispen Hartung wrote:

> That's correct. I plug directly into one (my new ThinkPad Intel duo
> with the Indigo card), out of that and into my Compaq Presario.
> That's it...no hardware gear...just the FCB to control Mobius. I'd
> like to run Mobius as a standalone, but I need to run reverb after
> Mobius and not before, otherwise it cuts off my decay.  Hence, I
> run Mobius in EnergyXT as a VST, and add a reverb plugin after it.
> It's working very well.

Thanks, interesting to hear about that setup in detail. I have a
strategy for using a second laptop as "drum machine" but so far I
have not received any gig requesting that. For reverb I'm fine so far
with adding it pre looping. The trick is to remember that you have to
end "record" with overdub whenever you lay down a loop layer through
a reverb sound. I like the option to lay down a huge reverb layer and
then overdub with a more close-up reverb. And I also like being able
to cut the reverb on purpose... and reverse a recorded reverb of a
single hit sound.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)