Re: Beginner - what should I buy?

Hello ryan,

I have only worked with a lexicon jamman aswell as an electrix repeater.
Both units are out of sale, the repeater stores up to 24 minutes of loops
on
a special 128 mb compact flash card whereas the jamman doesn't store
anything.
As long as you can count the jamman is the better device for live looping
in
my experience, it works much faster than the repeater, though uit has a
severe shortage on ram/looping time: with maximum ram you got only 32
seconds of loop time to be split into up to 8 loops.

I hop ethat helps. I am using the jamman still, although out of production
since like 12 years. It is a very fast and well sounding (though 12 bit)
tool.
The repeater, especially on higher PA volume settings shows a harsher
sound,
bad converters I guess, although it samples in 16bit and offers all kinds
of
stuff like pitch changing and timestretching.

I guess you'd get th emost advice from the "tools of the trade" section on
loopers-deligth.com then

Hope that helps

jrp
---
best greets from berlin!

Jayrope
Next live: - 11.5. Globusbar/Zentrale Randlage, Berlin

http://www.kliklak.net
random love songs:
http://myspace.com/jrpsolo
all the trash:
http://myspace.com/jayrope
my answer might (not) be on time due to (persistent) rare presence of a(n)
(im)permanent internet connection(breakup).