RE: MaxMSP looping - was: Re: Did a quick Mobius gig today :-)

I hesitate to promote my vaporware, but, with my apologies for that...

I've got this multitrack sw looper written in Max/MSP. Believe me, even
though the very basics of recording into a buffer are easy, turning this
into a functional, bulletproof application is a big job (unless I'm *lots*
lamer as a programmer than I believe to be true).

But one idea I've been toying with for the release strategy for this
product
was to open it up for extension by MAX/MSP programmers. Most of the
functionality is controlled by MAX messages which could easily be
sent/received in auxiliary modules. I'm sure that if I officially "open it
up" I will have to add more control points and adapt some code, but MAX is
pretty ideal environment for this kind of extensibility. I could set up a
forum on my Web site to handle development issues.

Am I correct to infer from this discussion is that there might be interest
in such a thing? Would there be interest in participating in developing
addins for a product that was a commercial product (I have way too much
time
invested in this project to make the core looper free, but it will be quite
affordable)? You would own your own addins, and could do with them what you
please (the web site would host links to free and commercial addins, and
who
knows what other creative combinations could be made).

Best wishes,
Warren Sirota