Re: Did a quick Mobius gig today :-)

Krispen Hartung wrote:
> Per, can you remind me how you are runing mobius? Are you running it as
> a standalone or inside a VST host?
>
> After watching Jeff this last weekend here in Boise at the festival, I
> am even more motivated to go 100% laptop.
> I'm almost convinced that I can do it with MAX/PSP after talking to
>Jeff, but
> getting the stability I require with both Mobius and all my intense VST
> effects on the same machine, inside the Chainer or Energy XT VST hosts,
> is still dubious. It's not a processor issue, as I'm using a screaming
> ThinkPad wiht the Intel duo processor, plenty of RAM, etc. It's a
> systematic issue between different software systems, yet MAX/MSP seems
> like a very stable and holistic system, in which you can write your own
> looping plugin to work seamlessly inside MAX/MSP and with other VST
> effects. I was amazed when Jeff indicated how processor efficient the
> program was.

I am also going in that direction, although I've been soft-looping for a
while going to a maxMSP system is intimidating! Maybe a consolidated
effort is required to make one end-all-be-all max looping rig? Join
forces - Loopers Delight against the world!

Personally I am so fascinated by the way max interacts with its
surroundings - playing solos on a wacom board within a week of starting
the max tutorials is very gratifying :-D

a.