Re: Thomas Dolby Constructing a Loop Video

On 30 apr 2006, at 10.20, Kevin wrote:

> How he builds a "Flat Earth":
> http://www.thomasdolby.com/media/pod/FlatEarthIntroDemo.m4v

Very interesting! Thanks for posting the link. He doesn't say so in
the overdubbed voice track, but it's actually a good demo for Logic's
cycle recording feature. Such "real-time MIDI looping" had been
possible with Logic for some twelve, thirteen years now. That
CamelPhat also sounds nice when he comes at the B section. Back in
the eighties and nineties, before advanced audio looping came around,
I used to envy those "MIDI musicians" that played keyboards and had
access to this new world of layering and instant composition. But
today we all have equal tools in that department, no matter your
choice of first instrument.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)