Re: aiff to REX?

On 29 apr 2006, at 01.37, mark sottilaro wrote:

> I have a ton of drum loop samples I've purchased over
> the years and now I'm finding with Stylus RMX it will
> accept REX files made in Recycle.  It seems kind of
> silly to get the entire program when all I actually
> want is to convert a few cds of loops over.  Anyone
> know of another app that will do the conversion?

Hi Mark,

As far as I know buying ReCycle is the quickest way to create REX
files. Or bringing your CD's and USB stick  somewhere where they have
ReCycle and let you sit down for an hour to do all the conversions.

It's too bad Stylus RMX can not import audio unless being converted
into REX, but if you have a lot of material it's worth the effort. I
am very happy that I did that effort last year to convert a recording
session with a percussionist (many african instruments played and
recorded) as well as my own old guitar sampling CD. The loops really
grow into new dimension when mangled in RMX. This is also true for
tonal/melodic material, not just drum loops.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)