Re: Message Board: no thanks

I'll make this quick, Mike, so as to not propagate this thread much longer
and use up too much bandwidth.

Basically, as you say, this is currently a discussion about which system
people prefer. That's an honest and straightforward enough question. I'll
grant that. However, I'm advocating at this point that the discussion
shift
from the "show n' tell" of personal preferences to a pragmatic discussion
of
how the diverse needs of this community (the ultimate stakeholder here,
not
one person, I assume) can be met by a single system. After while, the
response after response of "I like this, I dislike that" becomes tiresome
me personally, unless it starts to shift to a realistic and workable
solution, or at least the idea of one. I can't satisfy you by snapping my
fingers and making this system pop out of nowhere, but I can make an
observation on the practicality of this thread and suggest a change to
something more productive. That's my choice of expression here. If you
want
to call it brainstorming, fair enough....whatever semantics you want to
choose to suggest something mutually beneficial to the community. If I
came
across as condescending or talking down to you, I apologize, for that was
not my intention. I was hoping you'd break through the opacity of my
sarcasm, but I guess you don't know me well enough.

Carry on...perhaps this can be the world's longest thread and
comprehensive
categorization of personal preferences on email/web forum systems.

K-

[massive snip]