Re: Message Board: no thanks

 "Krispen Hartung" <khartung@cableone.net> said:

> With a savvy programmer, you can do anything you want.

Agreed.  I understood the initial discussion to suggest that we switch
away
from the email list and to a web-board-only thing, and that's what I
disagree with.  Of course, we need to find someone with the smarts and the
time and the resources to put all this together.  Or we could go to
Yahoo/MSN/Google/whatever and use their system, and hope that they don't
change their terms of service again...

[snip]

> Or does everyone just like arguing for the sake of arguing here? :)   I'm

<monty_python>
"Yes, I'm here for an argument...."
*WHANG*
"Oh, sorry, this is Getting Hit On The Head lessons"
</monty_python>

> just wondering how practical this thread is unless we actually produce
>and
> agree on some deliverable that meets more user needs than the status quo.

I'm still not clear on what user needs might be met by a web-board system.
Could someone explain in words of one syllable or less, please?

Dave O'Heare
oheareATmagmaDOTca