Re: Message Board

Is this the way most people feel?

I personally find message boards so much more conveinent than mailing
lists.

I'm just wondering if a board were put up for the same purposes this list
serves, if anyone would use it............

             "Per Boysen"                      To:
Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com

             <perboysen@gmail.com>             cc:

             04/24/2006 12:14 PM               Subject:  Re: Message Board

             Please respond to

             Loopers-Delight

On 24 apr 2006, at 17.06, Matthew.Quinn@sunlife.com wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Just wondering- is there any reason why there is no LD Message
> Board? Seems
> like a lot of the discussions here would move alot faster/ more
> effficiently if there were a board to post to as opposed to a
> mailing list.
> Plus they'd be a lot easier to digest I think.
>
> Thoughts?

Yes. The reason is probably that the system was originally designed
for e-mail (maybe Kim will chime in here?) For the rest I think a
board could be good as a complement. Myself, I prefer separate mails
so I can set up automatic filtering and act quickly (reading,
deleting or archiving). Separate mails can be handled very
efficiently if the local e-mail client is set up for that. Even
though I never read all posts I like to keep a an eye on the total
mass of subjects so I know which threads are up. And sometimes I like
to save time by offline reading where no internet connection is
available - no message board will ever match that!

The Logic User Group, another list I have been reading for long time,
has recently found a way of keeping an online message board that
automatically duplicates every post as mails to the list. The
implementation is not perfect though, because such mails all appear
to come form the user "forums@logic-users.org" ;-))  no matter who
wrote the forum post.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen