Re: OT -- A GUITARISTS SECOND WORST NIGHTMARE

Yes, this is why you don't put ice directly on the bare skin,
wrapping the ice in a towel (which becomes moist as the ice melts)
reduces the effect, giving a cool, moist compress.

I recently retired from the Fire Department after almost 28 years,
for major burns our Paramedics would wrap the area in a sterile
towel, then keep soaked with sterile I.V. solution, my guess is Ted
can't do this easily right now. Holding it under cool running water
would be fine too, just reduce that residual heat!

I want to second that you should get a real medical opinion, as your
description of the burn indicates it could be more than a simple 1st
degree burn. Taker care of those finger tips!

Mark