Re: solid state recorders

Tom Ritchford wrote:
> 1. only takes SD which limits you to 2gig.

More than 3 hours of recording isn't that bad, cerrtainly more than any
DAT...

> 2. no digital in, only digital out?!?  Why would you *ever* want
> digital out?!?  And why would you want effects on the digital out?!?

I was just thinking: why would you ever want digital in? Ok if the mixer
has digital out you might want it, but if you carry big mixers....

The digital out depends on your other gear, if you don't have a computer
for example which is not quite as unlikely as having a mixer with
digital outs for recording your concerts (which is not the original aim
of that device anyway...).

Stefan

--

  [][]  [][][]  [][]  [][][]