Re: Advice sought - unbroken, seamless loops

On 18 apr 2006, at 15.54, Richard Roberts wrote:

> I have to de-lurk and go out on a limb here as well. Being one of
> the few wind players here, I can tell you the only device I've
> played that delivers truly seamless loops is the old Lexicon
> JamMan. With flutes, playing long, sustained notes and building up
> chords and pads, every other device I've tried does indeed have a
> small bump at the beginning of the loop. I haven't tried the
> Looperlative yet, however.
>
> I can see how a rhythmic instrument player, like a guitarist or
> bassist might find this simply inane nit-picking, but at least for
> the wind player, believe me, this little bump can be a major
> aggravation. It's the main reason I'm still using Lexicon JamMans
> and not something newer.

I did this flute intro with an EDP:
http://www.looproom.com/aol/09_Paradox.mp3
No bumps ;-)
Used: Overdub, HalfSpeed and Substitute Insert (quantized to "8ths
per cycle = 16...").

I'v also found Mobius on a PC capable of producing seamless loops.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)