Re: Repeater Bump

On 18 apr 2006, at 11.29, Stuart Wyatt wrote:

> Hhhhmmm... so it looks as though there are some well behaved
> Repeaters out there :) Maybe I was just unlucky. I did the same as
> you for trying to create pad loops - first recording an empty loop,
> then after it has played once, hitting overdub. I was well used to
> creating seamless loops on the DL4 (most of my music starts with a
> drone), but those damned clicks appeared every time on my Repeater.
> The clicks weren't always recorded into the actual loop, but they
> were always there for the first few cycles... Its the same sort of
> clicks that you get on a PC setup when the buffer size is too low.

The first Repeater I received came from the Swedish distributor
because I was going to test and review it for a Swedish guitar player
magazine. This unit wasn't very good, actually. It produced many kind
of audio artifacts when looping, although not the typical "bump". So
I called the distributor who exchanged it for a second unit, and this
one was perfect! After the testing period I bought it and used it for
two years. It seems there were "good" and "less good" units shipped,
but since I have only tested two Repeaters I can't really tell the
frequency of malfunctioning.

per