Re: Scary Situations

I was playing a regular jazz gig at a local pub, when one of the obviously
drunk patrons started shouting for us to play some zeppelin.  Well we
started thinking about if we knew any zeppelin tunes that might be fun,
and
clearly annoyed that we hadn't started playing one yet, the guy starts
yelling for us to play "Baby I'm gonna leave."   Well we kind of thought
we
might know that one, but we didn't think it would translate so good
without
vocals, so off the cuff, I said: We'll play it if you promise to sing the
whole thing.  Well this should shut up the drunks for a while, I'm
thinking,
but then he walks up to the band stand and starts counting it off.
Alrighty
then, here we go.  And it was one of the most amazing musical moments
we've
ever had at that pub.  He was amazing!  Turns out he was the lead singer
for
a national pop act that's been on and off the charts for years.  I guess
you
never know.
Jon