Re: hilariously scary situations

A trifle off-topic...

My upstairs neighbors many years ago had a fairly successful hardcore
band and had a party one night so I went up to be polite.

There were lots of muscular people with leather jackets and tattoos.
There was also a huge pile of some undetermined white powder on the
table when I got into the room, which made me blink and decide not to
stay so long...

Unfortunately, within 10 minutes there are two police officers
standing right there in the (open) door.  I try to act nonchalant and
am freaking out in my head.

One officer asks, "Who's in charge here?" and my neighbor (who was a
stand-up guy, a decent musician and human) said, "Me!' to which the
officer responded, "You have to stop your people on the roof shooting
roman candles at the gas station"(!)

Mine host was righteously pissed and immediately placated the cops,
knocking some sense into the idiots upstairs: "Hey, asshole!  What the
fuck do you think you're doing?" -- the cops left without mentioning
the incriminating pile...

and I could breathe again!