Re: Music Scene

> At 10:22 AM -0700 4/10/06, johnsrude@peak.org wrote:
>>Art is when I create music in my studio. In private.  Performance is
>when I
>>ask strangers to approve of my art. In public.
>
> Hm.  I think of performance as a communicative process.  To me, art
> is an expression of some combination of conscious and subconscious
> ideas and emotions.  When I get onstage, I'm not asking for approval,
> I'm trying to say something to the people I'm playing for.  Some of
> what Imn saying is verbal, and some is abstract.

Thank you, I think I may have used the wrong word there.  In what I wrote
previously substitute "attention" for "approval".

Would you agree with the statement:
"Art is when I create music in my studio. In private.  Performance is when
ask strangers to pay attention to my art. In public."

I think even with the change my original point is still valid.

Cheers,
Kevin
www.TheNettles.com