Re: Music Scene

> At 10:22 AM -0700 4/10/06, johnsrude@peak.org wrote:
>> Art is when I create music in my studio. In private.  Performance
>> is when I
>> ask strangers to approve of my art. In public.

> On 10 apr 2006, at 20.32, David Gans wrote:
> Hm.  I think of performance as a communicative process.  To me, art
> is an expression of some combination of conscious and subconscious
> ideas and emotions.  When I get onstage, I'm not asking for
> approval, I'm trying to say something to the people I'm playing
> for.  Some of what Imn saying is verbal, and some is abstract.

That's my view as well. And I think it is important to remember that
many things usually called "art" are actually not being released
until well in the eye of the beholder. So you, as being the creator,
is one of the individuals least expected to understand the true
artistic values of your work, at least not right away. So, in that
sense I guess I have a rather different view compared to Kevin's.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)