Re: Music Scene

At 10:22 AM -0700 4/10/06, johnsrude@peak.org wrote:
>Art is when I create music in my studio. In private.  Performance is when
>ask strangers to approve of my art. In public.

Hm.  I think of performance as a communicative process.  To me, art
is an expression of some combination of conscious and subconscious
ideas and emotions.  When I get onstage, I'm not asking for approval,
I'm trying to say something to the people I'm playing for.  Some of
what Imn saying is verbal, and some is abstract.

David Gans - david@trufun.com or david@gdhour.com
Truth and Fun, Inc., 484 Lake Park Ave. #102, Oakland CA 94610-2730
Blog:  http://playback.trufun.com