Re: My VST Effects Share (over 400)

I am a confessed VST junkie.

I have a zillion VSTs on my computer (and even lead a tribe dedicated to
ferriting out ever new ones
at tribe.net called the AudioPluginJunkiesAnnonymous).

I usually only have a hand full installed (or selected) in FLStudio 6.0
which is my DAW drug of choice
because i have discovered that one can waste a hell of a lot of time going
through a zillion VSTs
or even trying to remember the idiosyncratic name of one you've used
before.

In my folders on my computer I have them categorized to more quickly find
them.

As an example I have:

COMPRESSOR plugins
MODULATION plugins
DISTORTION plugins
SLICING plugins
REVERB plugins
CONVOLUTION plugins
EQUALIZATION and TUNING plugins
LO FI plugins
PANNING plugins
UTILITIES (with things like phase reversal,  fourier analysis, spectrum
analysis, et. al.),
GRANULATION  plugins
PLUGIN SUITES (in case I remember that I want a TC electronics parametric
equalizer---my favorite
or a Waves True Verb---my second favorite behind Sony Acoustic Mirror.
DELAY plugins
GATE plugins
VOCODING plugins

and another folder that is my favorite and that I call my
WEIRD PLUGINS folder

What I find is that in thinking about processing something (unless I"m
going
for some weird randomization stuff
which is one of the amazing thing about the new HIPNO plugins from Cycling
74)
I generally have an idea what kind of processing I"m looking for and then
it
is good if I,
for example, can go through several tube amplifier simulations quickly to
decide what it is that I want to use.

My only pet peeve with FLStudio right now is that I wish to hell it had a
VST organizing system instead of the alphatized system
I have now.     There are many plugins by people like excellent shareware
suites from TobyBear and FXPansion and the freeware collections from
TweakBench,  Darkware,  XOXOX and others that have idiosyncratic names
that
it is frequently hard to remember.

I also have a whole slew of VST instruments as well, from some paid ones
a hell of a lot freeware ones............wow I scored last night with some
ones that are not even available anymore.

I'm particularly in love with weird old organ sounds (not B3s and not
Farfisas) and less popular electric piano sounds (as well as very
idiosyncratic and one trick pony keyboards like the Hohner D6 Clavinet,
the
Wurlitzer Electric Piano, Celestes, et. al.

come join me at AUDIO PLUGIN JUNKIES ANNOYMOUS at tribe.   e-mail me off
list and i'll send you a personal invite.
It's free to join and they don't give out any information so it is safe.

Also, I sell a very inexpensive DVD with all of this stuff collated and
organzized if anyone wants to contact me off line about it
if you don't want to take the 6 years it took me to get it all together.
just charge for the time and expense it takes me to
assemble, burn, package and mail it.

I'm at rickwalker(at)looppool(dot)com.