MIDI LOOP SYNCING: 3 questions

Hey guys and gals,

I feel a little sheepish asking this question but I don't know the answer
it.
but from your considerable experience:

1) what is the best live looping machine to
DRIVE a midi sequencer or drum machine via mid?

the LEXICON JAMMAN
the EDP
the REPEATER
the LOOPERLATIVE

Conversely,
2)  what is the best live looping device to DRIVEN by a sequencer/drum
machine

the LEXICON JAMMAN
the EDP
the REPEATER
the LOOPERLATIVE

3)  Do you have a preference for which one does both things the best?

Are there any tricks you use or things to watch out for?

Oddly enough,  I don't have a lot of experience with this and particularly
not in the last several years, because
I trust my sense of timing and resyncing loops on the fly when I improvise
with people, but I have a couple of gigs coming up with sharp up and
coming
synthesists and want to get my tech together ahead of time when they do
more
straight forward dance oriented electronica where a drifting
rhythmic sensibility is inappropriate due to stylistic constraints.

thanks for your wisdom in advance,   Rick Walker