Re: Music is not political (Was Re: music is political)

Stephen Goodman wrote:
> But to declare All Art is Always Political?  Such is only true for
> one who thinks so, and not for most others.

I think there is a misinterpretation between intention and environment.
I was talking about an environment we live in, which is political,
social etc.
I did not want to say any art has a political intention.
This is very different. And of course most music does not have any
political intention but still has political implications.
Being aware of that helps to avoid what you expressed with these words:

> because it is these folks who want everyone to operate on that basis,
> involving "deals" and "transactional relationships". Great for the
> medium of know-nothing middlemen and career politicos with nowhere
> else to go, not so great for everyone else.

There was a case in Germany recently as Angela Merkel used the song
"Angie" for her propaganda. The Stones where not amused...

But claiming a certain music is not political is clearly a political
statement and carrys it into that context/perspective.

If you have no political intention at all, you would not participate in
this thread... ;-)

Stefan

--

  [][]  [][][]  [][]  [][][]