Re: AW: 2 Questions

Spending- I could spend between $200-300 on the monitors. I wouldn't even
mind spending more if it will be worth it sonically, but for now I imagine
I could come up with a decent set of monitors for that price. A 2.1 set up
has crossed my mind, but I was not sure if it would cause too much
isolation of low frequencies......

When I first got the Repeater, I tried placing it in the amps FX loop, but
that believe it or not is the worst sounding position of all the places I
tried in the chain. I also tried placing an old muti-fx unit on bypass
between the Repeater & the FX loops Return, again, to no avail.

For now I am going to rule out using the amp in any way & concentrate on a
mixer/monitor set up. I mentioned in my last message that I have 2 mixers
available for use, a tiny Nady & a larger Behringer- any suggestions on
ways to route the Repeater signal through one of those mixers & too
monitors?

I will look into the Teufel's, thank you for the suggestion & the help!

             "Rainer Thelonius Balthasar       To:
Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com

             Straschill"                       cc:

             <rs@moinlabs.de>                  Subject:  AW: 2 Questions

             04/03/2006 02:03 PM

             Please respond to

             Loopers-Delight

again, question one:
how much are you willing to spend? There's a wide range of options all the
way in between multimedia speakers for €10 per pair up to active studio
mains for more than you most probably can afford ;). If your price range
is
below €30, you probably won't get anything better (and probably only
worse)
than your current speakers. For the price range 30-100, I'd say you might
get something which works ok, but I couldn't recommend anything specific.
The €100-€200 range has some decent choices from the
computer/multimedia
world, if you can live with a 2.1 (2 sattelites+subwoofer) setup - I'd
recommend Lautsprecher Teufel (www.teufel.de). €200-300, you could give
Behringer's active "Truth" monitors a listen.

question two:
Mark is of course right, not only will you be lacking proper impedance,
but
also proper level. So as he suggested, you'd need an instrument
preamp/line
driver kind of thing. Anything with a high impedance on the input and a
low
impedance on the output and some gain >1. Like your GT-6B. And also the
idea to put the repeater in the amp's effects loop (if available) would
work.

             Rainer