Re: 2 Questions

Save your money for the Repeater's noise mod, it's not
going to help your problem.  Your problem stems from
the fact that the Repeater is a line level device.
You are plugging it into amps that have preamps built
in to deal with instrument level signals.  Your
probably overdriving your guitar amp's preamp stage
and surely tring to boost a signal that doesn't need
boosting.

I know it's a shame that Electrix didn't design the
Repeater to be more guitar friendly, but that's the
way it is.  I've found the only really good way to use
it is to have it in a line level effects loop of a
guitar amp or mixer and then into some sort of
amp/monitor system.  I do it two ways.  In and out of
the stereo line level effects loop of my Johnson
guitar amp (not made any longer) or out of my
Soundcraft board's effects out and back into 2 of it's
inputs.  The main out of the mixer goes into a pair of
powered Mackie Studio monitors.  The M-Audio powered
monitors are pretty damn good and will cost you about
the price of a decent stereo receiver and I think do a
better job for you.

I know that Electrix was recommending a line to
instrument level converter... it was in a FAQ
somewhere on their site.  This might be another way to
go.