RE: Hidden tracks on cd?

Title: RE: Hidden tracks on cd?

>>Also IIRC you can do this with CD architect, but I think you have to
turn off some settings regarding red book compliance ;)<<

I have cd architect at home- not able to try this right now..... sony have discontinued cd arch, which is a pain because vegas can't pull subcodes & indices off of an existing disc.

anyway.
vegas 5 can make discs with audio before the first marker & audio after the last end-of-track marker. it bitches about some damn red book but it will let you do it. however, the write-drive is itself likely to complain about writing something between the lead-in & the first marker. seems to be quite happy about the chunk of audio after the last marker though.

I had to master a disc with regular cd audio & a pdf on it last year. after days & days of trying different things & reading the "rules" on the interweb, I eventually did it on an old version of adaptec's toast, running on a g4 powerbook. this is another one of those tasks where you have to do everything in the right order or mess up a load of tweeters somewhere......

d.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user
of the e-mail address to which it was addressed, and may also
be privileged. If you are not the addressee of this e-mail you may
not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it
in any form whatsoever.If you have received this e-mail in error,
please e-mail the sender by replying to this message.

It is your responsibility to carry out appropriate virus and other
checks to ensure that this message and any attachments do not
affect your systems / data. Any views or opinions expressed in this
e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of MTV Networks Europe unless specifically stated,
nor does this message form any part of any contract unless so stated.

MTV reserves the right to monitor e-mail communications from
external/internal sources for the purposes of ensuring correct
and appropriate use of MTV communication equipment.

MTV Networks Europe