Re: ARVE HENRIKSON

On 3 apr 2006, at 13.33, Fabio Anile wrote:

> I'm sure there is someone on this list, knowing this guy....

Yes, I think he is great! Some months ago a bought Arild Andersen's
album "Electra" (ECM 2005) where Arve plays excellent trumpet in the
style you described. I haven't heard his own albums, but now I will
definitely check them out. Thank you for the recommendation!

BTW, Electra is another a recommendable album. Recorded in Athens
with some vocals sung in ancient Greek, a language that sounds like
Finnish to my ears (i.e. don't understand a word but lots of sharp
sounds produced at the outer front part of the moth - very different
from Danish or American English). Norwegian guitarist Eivind Aarset
was also in the Athens ensemble, fretlessly howling as usual.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)