Re: Music is not political (Was Re: music is political)

mark sottilaro wrote:
> I'd pretty much say that non lyrical music has no
> intrinsic political qualities.  I dare you to gleen a
> message from any of my music.  Don't bother, there
> isn't one.

Any art is always political...
Usually very conservative politicians want to claim that art should not
be political, and deliver some examples, which show that these examples
are political in their sense. (aka not asking the wrong questions...)

Which is very political!!!
And every artist should be aware of the posibility of this sort of
political abuse.

If you are not aware of it, it might be political in the wrong direction.

Remember "Entartete Musik" and you know what politics can be about, you
can't escape it.

Stefan

--

  [][]  [][][]  [][]  [][][]