FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Boise Idaho, Friday, April 28 and Saturday, April 29 2006 ~ Visual Arts Collective, at 1419 Grove Street, continues its commitment to the Boise Area art and music communities with the presentation of the Boise Experimental Music Festival (BEMF)
B.E.M.F. is a first-of-its-kind, two-day event that will celebrate and ignite the experimental music scene in Boise and the surrounding Treasure Valley. The action packed, multimedia festival features twelve creative music performances that fall into the experimental, avant-garde, or free improvisation music genres.
Lumper/Splitter (Oakland, CA); Ted Killian & Jeff Kaiser (Medford, OR and Ventura, CA); Rick Walker (Santa Cruz, CA)
Lumper/Splitter; Ted Killian & Jeff Kaiser; Rick Walker; Bonefish Sam & His Power Orchestra; Krispen Hartung & Jared Hallock; She Blows Neon; The Rex-X-Ray Band; LINDA; The Sly Brothers; Unicorn Feather; Jeff Rice & Ted Apel; Gretchen Jude.
Friday ~ Doors at 6:30 p.m.
For more information, including artist biographies, event schedule, and music samples, view the Boise Experimental Music Festival website at: http://www.boisemusicians.com/experimental/
Krispen Hartung, Festival Coordinator
Funding for BEMF was made possible through a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts and the Idaho Commission on the Arts and the following local sponsors:
· The National Endowment for the Arts - http://www.nea.gov
· The Idaho Commission on the Arts - : http://www.arts.idaho.gov/
· Visual Arts Collective - http://www.visualartscollective.com/
· Boise Weekly - http://www.boiseweekly.com
· AudioLab Sound Recording - http://www.audiolab.org/
· Boise Co-Op - http://www.boisecoop.com/
· 3 Shapes Aikido - http://www.3shapesaikido.com/
· Boise Community Radio - http://www.radioboise.org/
· Good Boy Rufus Custom Design Services - http://www.goodboyrufus.com/