Out of sync looper

I appreciate the help, especially from Per, on my decision of a new
laptop for performance looping.  If I may, allow me to through out
another puzzle.

It's almost time to replace my precious K2K.  For years, I've been using
it with sequences of MIDI and samples to drive my guitar rack, featuring
a Repeater, via the thru-put of a FCB1010.  The system has always synced
rock solid.

But, this board is getting pretty old, as it was a early version now
fully updated.  I want to retire it to the studio while it still works
and sounds great.

Besides the incredible abilities of the K2K synth, there are two
specific features that I have not been able to find equipment or
software to replace, and they are both found in the Arrangement section
of its sequencer.  It is the availability of both of them that has made
this instrument indispensable to me.

The first is the ability to set points within the arrangement that can
be triggered via a pedal controller (in this case, an old Fatar MP-1).

The second is the ability to set multiple infinite loop points within
the arrangement.  These two together offer me the ability to move around
the song at will, soloing instrumentally or vamping vocally over the
preset loop sections, while playing linearly through verses, choruses,
refrains, bridges, yada, yada, yada; basically arranging on the fly.

I think I can replicate most of this with Ableton Live 5, but not freely
(only one loop point per arrangement).

Here's where the looper content comes in.

When I insert my MOTU micro express into the MIDI chain, the Repeater
will not longer solidly sync.  It gets close, but sooner or later swings
+.5 to -1.3 bpm, and will not recover the downbeat.

Not only will it not sync with the laptop, but responds the same to the
K2K when it's clock is fed through the interface.

 From what I've seen here and on the Repeater list, I have a relatively
complex rig that allows me to feed the Repeater from AGtr, a Roland
VG/GR rig &/or a mic at will.  I'd hate to lose this ability, but I
gotta do something.

Anyone have any ideas where to look next?

I put this on the Repeater list also.  Maybe with the help of both
groups, I can figure this out.

Dan Montgomery
music.download.com/danmontgomery
www.myspace.com/precentor