Re: Comparison chart of looping devices published

>> http://www.cycling74.com/products/radial
>
> This looks like more of a static loop triggering tool than
> what many would consider a "live looper" capable of recording
> new loops during performance.    I don't see any mention
> of recording, overdub, multiply, feedback, etc.  The fact
> that it comes with a "Loop CD" suggests that it wasn't
> intended for live recording.

radiaL allows for live recording into a loop buffer, and overdub
recording. No undo. Once a loop is recorded you can slice and dice it,
pitch/length change independently, apply a bunch of effects etc. radiaL
will sync to MIDI.

You are right to a certain extent. radiaL was not originally conceived
completely as a live looping tool. This functionality has been slowly
added. I think that it would be accurate to say that the live looping
functionality in radiaL is not presented as its primary strength, yet it
exists, to a certain degree.

This simply by way of setting the record straight. In the interests of
full disclosure - I work for Cycling '74 and one of my current projects
is the ongoing maintenance and development of radiaL.

Cheers

Andrew