power is nothing without control (was Re: Filter-Looper Swapping)

even if I am really surprised by music industry underconsideration
conceirning control capabilities, I have been analyzing audio
converters' internal audio routing/splitting/mixing capabilities for 2
years now.
I use switchblades since many years but, given the growing availability
of digital connections on processing hw and the shift from just hardware
to mixed setups composed by hw and sw, I think that audio interfaces
offer a convenient solution to do this kind of complex audio spaghetti.
The problem resides in the midi implementation offered by their
manufacturers. None of them ( Rme said that officially and Motu by the
mouth of their italian importer) care about making this objects flexible
hearts for evoluted signal routing.
The most stupid thing is that they all have what they need, it's just a
matter of control so, like a famous italian commercial says "power is
nothing without control".
It's a shame, once again it looks like there are no musicians in the
manifacturers' teams.
best,
luca
www.unguitar.com