Re: Filter-Looper Swapping

At 03:42 AM 3/27/2006, Andy wrote:
>>In other words I'll want two signal paths that I can switch between
>>with a single pedal-press:
>>1. Guitar-->Effects-->Filter-->EDP-->Amp
>>2. Guitar-->Effects-->EDP-->Filter-->Amp
>
>that's a 3-pole double throw switch
>3PDT   or  4P2T
>
>a 4-pole is more common (I think) and that would do just as well
>4PDT   or 4P2T
>
>guitar to (EDP in or Filter in)
>EDP out to (Filt in or amp)
>Filt out to ( amp or EDP in)

Are you suggesting I build my own box?  How about this one?

From: Kandokoro <kandokoro@yahoo.com>
Subject: effect switcher

http://www.banzaieffects.com/product.php?productid=17669&cat=458&page=1

I'm not set up to reply to the Looper's list, but
thought you might find the Banzai Effects Changer
useful as a (relatively) cheap way to change the order
of effects. I use it for the simple stuff and it's
great.

Other options are more versatile but far more
expensive: Akai MB76 matrix mixer (7in/6out - out of
production for many years) or Switchblade 8 or 16
channel matrix mixers. I also use these units for
complex rack mixing.

>doesn't the Filter Queen have 2 channels  which could be used seperately?

No, it's just got L channel and R channel.

>A common solution is to buy 2 effects, and put one pre loop, and one post.

True, but the effect I'm getting is a discontinued item and a little
difficult to get hold of.

Thanks,
Kevin

The Nettles: Progressive and Exciting Celtic Music
www.TheNettles.com