RE: GT-5 vs VF-1

I don't know about the GT-5's amp models, though from
a demo (with headphones) at a Guitar Center I thought
they sounded pretty brittle and lifeless.  The VF-1
has a few decent ones... but nothing to base your
sound on IMO.  I love the VF-1 for it's MIDI syncable
effects at a bargain price.  Also, it seems to be
really well suited for distorting keyboard sounds, as
many guitar preamp sims seem bad at.