RE: Re: Does someone know the answer to this??

>If you play solo, as I do,
>it would seem to be somewhat bland to the audience if all you were
>playing was the rhythm back-up the first time through. This has puzzled
>me since I started using my Echoplex a few months ago. Thank you for
>your consideration and best wishes in your musical endeavors.

>David
>Pearland, Texas

This is, to me, "the unanswerable question of live looping," if you're
trying to play conventionally-structured songs. I knew one guitar/bass duo
where the bass player would play the melodies during the 1st cycle through
the tune while the guitarist recorded a chord loop, then the bass player
would revert to normal bass parts and the guitarist solo over bass and
chords. Or else you could just play over pre-recorded backing tracks - not
to everyone's taste, but it is a possibility (in which case, maybe you
don't
even need a live looper - a CD with your backing tracks could do as well).
Or else, you could change what you're trying to play to cater more to the
looper's strengths...

Best wishes,
Warren Sirota