From: goddard.duncan@mtvne.com
Sent: Mar 22, 2006 10:29 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: stumbling around in the dark.....

....& accidentally stepping on a midi volume pedal & waking the whole audience up with an unintentionally loud blast of notes?

here's one of those pre-coffee, first-thing-in-the-morning ideas I have from time to time.

most midi volume & expression pedals have three conductors connected to the parent device. two of these are a ground wire & a source of 5V from inside the device, while the third is the voltage returned from the potentiometer inside the pedal.

so- the pedal has a supply of 5V readily available.

this means that you can add a 500 ohm resistor inside & a nice bright LED somewhere on the outer surface of the pedal. you could extend this idea to multiple pedals or footswitches, & even colour-code them.

hmm....... I'll have to have a look & see if this is workable on the standard footswitches we use with jam-mans & repeaters & the like.

the fcb1010 has it's own power supply & one could easily make the whole thing light up like a christmas tree without taxing the circuitry unduly.

of course, I'd advise against any such modifications if a) you can't work a soldering iron & b) the equipment concerned is under a warranty you wish to preserve.

naturally, I shall be taking the rest of the afternoon off & rushing home to try this out.....

duncan/r.m.i.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user
of the e-mail address to which it was addressed, and may also
be privileged. If you are not the addressee of this e-mail you may
not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it
in any form whatsoever.If you have received this e-mail in error,
please e-mail the sender by replying to this message.

It is your responsibility to carry out appropriate virus and other
checks to ensure that this message and any attachments do not
affect your systems / data. Any views or opinions expressed in this
e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of MTV Networks Europe unless specifically stated,
nor does this message form any part of any contract unless so stated.

MTV reserves the right to monitor e-mail communications from
external/internal sources for the purposes of ensuring correct
and appropriate use of MTV communication equipment.

MTV Networks Europe