ReRe: OT :Zappas' guitar playing:

>Well said! That's what I meant by "couldn't play, knew it and overdid
>it". I should maybe have put a big smiley there ;-)
>per

Sure, there's loads of guitarists who can play fast even scales way
better than zappa ever could.
..but what about other aspects of technique?

It's a very "guitarist" thing to rate musical ability like that :-)
For instance, a French Horn player would more likely be judged on
their tone than their ability to shred.

Zappa's tone, control of feedback, subtle use of wah wah, &so on
....all aspects of technique which are not so easy to emulate.

andy
( I agree with Per, I just like listening to it :-)