Re: Best Cheap Guitar Synth

     Miko,

     The Filter Factory and Filter Queen do not have FX loops.  The Mo-FX
and the Repeater are the
only units that feature that.

     Rainier,

     Sorry, I should state things more as my opinion and not as a put down
of a device per say.
When I reach for distortion, I want to have a rich, creamy, thick sound
that melts in your mouth.
The quality of the Filter Factory distortion (and the Mo-FX, though its
distortion has a somewhat
different character) is more on the brittle side.  That being said, I have
used it to good effect,
especially when I combine the distortion from both the Mo-FX and the
Filter Factory together.
This can be heard on the organ sound in the following MP3:
http://tinyurl.com/zkehv

     Stephen

> Stephen said:
> >      The Filter Factory on the other hand, sounds as clear and as deep
as a snow-fed mountain stream.  The only problem I have with it is that the
distortion segment is a bit lame.  But that's neither here nor there.  You
also may want to look into the Filter Queen, almost the same exact unit
while taking up half the space.  I've owned both and have kept the Filter
Factory.

> Also Sprach Rainier:
> I can't say the same about the distortion. I liked it very much for very
subtle to mild distortion (like for putting on a drum mix). But it's not
the
kind of distortion for completely destroying a signal with harmonics all
over the place. Rainer

> Zo Zaid Miko:
Don't these units have an fx loop that can be toggled between pre and post?
Maybe I'm thinking of one of the other units, but they seemed pretty
versatile. Maybe you could put your favorite fuzz noise grenade into the fx
loop?