Re: Best Cheap Guitar Synth

> If you are going the fuzz+filter route, I'd also suggest adding in
> an octave pedal. A cheap danelectro "chili dog" or a boss oc-2 will
> Note that the octave pedals are pretty much monophonic, so keep
> that in mind.

I agree adding an octave pedal will definetley make things more
synthy. however then you also reintroduce tracking/glitching issues which
is what he's trying to get away from.

> If I understand correctly, a EH microsynth is basicaly just a
> octave->fuzz->filter.

Kind of. It also has a bizarre type attack/decay envelope and the various
triggering sliders let you adjust swell and such. The filter can be set to
sweep up and down on both ends9something most filters don't do.

Now that i think about the EH Graphic Fuzz and a cheapass Dod Envelope
follower or the Mini Qtron woudl be an awesome guitar synth. The fuzz is
nice and squarish, the EQ section drastcically adds harmonics/etc to carve
synth thpe sounds, andit even has a sensitivinty mode which allows for
expressive distortion to be added based on how you play. add that into (or
put he filter fist) and you've got an incredibly exp[ressive fulliy
tracking "synth" type processed sound in two boxes with full like
tweakability on the fly.

HELP WANTED PRODUCTIONS - Http://www.HelpWantedProductions.com
"Bringing you the best in Organic Electronic music since we started..."

Home of the Unusual Instrument and Recording Gallery with pictures and
info of Tube recorders, Omnichords, weird guitars, Casios, and more.