Re: Audio Interface for Notebook Users

Well, now you've got me. I hooked it up for what I need, and haven't
explored all the possibilities. When I use it with max/msp, I use one
input, and then create the output routings in max. You can make the
ins/outs go wherever you want in the max environment....  So to answer
your question regarding the routing: If you are using max/msp: yes, you
can do whatever you want very easily! (Sorry, just had to make a plug
for max)

:-)

Let's see, I've just opened the software for the 1814 (I don't have a
410 here, but I think they are very similar in the software they use.)

Regarding inputs: Yes, 1/2 and 3/4 can each be linked as stereo, or
left as independent.

And yes, they can be assigned to outputs as stereo pairs. Each one has
an independent assign button to go to outputs 1/2 or 3/4.

In my Mac, it looks like one device...but I would think there is a way
to route 3/4 via software in the way you needed. I just don't know how.

Jeff

BTW, great idea...to route it to a live web stream....

Jeff Kaiser
http://www.jeffkaisermusic.com
pfMENTUM.com • AngryVegan.com
On Mar 19, 2006, at 5:17 PM, Kris Hartung wrote:

> Jeff, are the 2 inputs stereo or mono (2X8)? Also, does software read
> each input as a separate device? It would be great to be able to take
> input from my guitar, process it, spit it back out, but also take
> input from the mixer's output and stream to the web.
>
> Kris
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeff Kaiser"
> <loopersdelight@pfmentum.com>

>>> http://www.echoaudio.com/Products/CardBus/IndigoIO/index.php - $200
>>> 2. Echo DJ -
>>> http://www.echoaudio.com/Products/CardBus/IndigoDJ/index.php - $200
>>> 3. MOTU Traveler - http://www.motu.com/products/motuaudio/traveler/
>>> - $849
>>> 4. MOTU Ultralite -
>>> http://www.motu.com/products/motuaudio/ultralite/ - $549
>>> 5. MOTU 828 MKII - http://www.motu.com/products/motuaudio/828/ - $749
>>> 6. M-Audio 1814 -
>>> http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/FireWire1814-main.html - $499
>>> 7. M-Audio Mobilepre USB -
>>> http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/MobilePreUSB-main.html - $149
>>> 8. Metric Halo Mobile I/O ULN-2 -
>>> http://www.mhlabs.com/metric_halo/products/mio/uln2/ - $1075
>>> 9. Edirol FA-101 Firewire interface -
>>> http://www.audioamigo.com/edifa101.html - $500
>>> 10. Edirol UA-5 (USB 1.1) -
>>> http://www.edirol.net/products/en/UA-5/index.html - $300
>>> 11. SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS Notebook -
>>> http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?